See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Wednesday

Our Cliche' July Fourth Dinner

Smoked ribs, baby. I did not get to smoke them like I usually do, for 6+ hours, due to time restraints. So, I took a shortcut & they still turned out fantastic.

I used the pressure cooker. I cooked them at high pressure for about 10 minutes & then finished them on the smoker for 35 minutes. They turned out A LOT better than I expected.

We did buck the July Fourth cliche' a little. Instead of Beer & BBQ, we had Wine & BBQ . Menage a Trois Red table wine (blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel & Merlot) was the pairing & it was excellent with the ribs.

Stay tuned for many posts covering our 18 day road trip out to California & back, with lots of pictures.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Michael Hughes said…

    Yum. I've also found that a good solid rose will go well with ribs. I love L'Instant rose from Domaine du Fondreche. Smoked meats love it!

     
  • At 3:29 AM, Blogger Collin said…

    I will look for it. I have fallen in love with Rose's the this summer. We tried an Elk Cove Pinot Noir Rose last week that knocked my sox off.
    Cheers,
    Collin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.