See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Wednesday

Five Things I Have Learned In The Kitchen

1.) Always wear pants when frying bacon.

2.) Baking is not cooking. So stick to the recipe when baking & experiment only when cooking.

3.) Be sure your cream is still good before pouring it into the soon to be pot of shrimp bisque.

4.) A CD player does not replace a dishwasher but it sure as hell makes washing dishes by hand a lot easier.

5.) A glass of wine while cooking helps the effort. A bottle of wine while cooking hurts the effort.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    #2 is why I am a much better baker than cook. I am a "by the directions" kind of gal and experimentation and creativity are not my forte.

    I had no idea what I was missing until I received my under the cabinet cd/stereo thingie. Cooking, although pleasurable before, is just fabulous when accompanied by 790 AM Legends of Country Music.

    I dare say I can generally make it through two glasses of wine before my cooking efforts are injured. Practice, my friend, it only takes practice.:-)

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger Philip said…

    #1 is something that everyone just has to learn on their own. I had a quirk for one semester in college that whenever I came home from the bar, I'd cook a breakfast meal. That always consisted of bacon and pancakes. And for some reason I wouldn't want to get anything on my bar shirt so I'd take it off, but always forget to put on a tshirt. I'd always cuss like a sailor whenever I'd get popped in the chest with grease. I never learned.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.