See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Monday

My favorite things....

John Coltrane rocks my world with this song ("My Favorite Things"). It almost makes me want to see "The Sound of Music"....for a split second. :)
Last night we popped open some bubbly for a dish I saw Emeril make on Emeril LIVE!. I despise Big E, but he...or his producers/writers/staff/whoever come up with some winners sometimes. Like the Seared Jumbo Scallops with a Champagne-Vanilla Butter Sauce we made last night with a leftover bottle of Domaine Ste. Michelle Extra Dry, from NYE. It was the bomb. I stopped at Penzey's Spice this weekend & picked up some Moroccan Vanilla Beans & they made the dish. I can still taste the sweet delicate seeds lightly crunching between my teeth. This recipe is going into the vault. We used fresh wild jumbo sea scallops that melted into a buttery remnant of the sea in your mouth. Ohhh sooo good. We ate sauteed asparagus & fresh wheat fettucine (THANKS KATHY!) with S&P, olive oil, & paremesan, too. We couldn't let the rest of the bubbly go to waste so we polished it off with dinner. What a way to end the weekend...is that redundant or what?


Since this post is called My favorite things...here are some more of mine (besides Coltrane, champagne, sauces made with shallots & butter). My moka pot. Damn I love this thing. I have not enjoyed our fresh roasted beans this much in a while & while it doesn't make proper espresso, it has saved me a ton of money in shots. Right now we have a Peruvian La Florida we roasted fairly dark that makes an awesome cup out of the moka pot.

And of course, my two favorite Ladies. La & Roxi down by the river, but not in a van. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.