See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Monday

Tasting notes: 2004 Rodney Strong Pinot Noir

This was one of our splurge bottles, that sounds funny after reading posts here, as this bottle was only $20. Some of those guys drink my salary in a weekend, over there on Robert Parker's forums. Even though these guys sound like some of the most pretentious, wine snobs on the planet, I am still drawn to their discussions. I love hearing about rare bottles & I love reading the notes too....and the pissing contests aren't bad to watch either.

This bottle you can most definitely find at any respectable (or not) wine shop, is not rare in any shape or form & is dirt cheap in the grand scheme of things. 2004 Rodney Strong Russian River Valley Pinot Noir.

I smell & taste the trails in the fall we ride our mountain bikes on, in the middle of November. The fruit is not far behind, soon taking the lead, cherries & raspberries. Lots of the campfire too with some toasty oak & a nice graham cracker hint with some spice...'smores, maybe? but with no chocolate. Vanilla lingers all night with more spicy oak.*







*I am abandoning my 'wrap sheet' style of wine notes...it is not really my style & personally I feel spitting out flavors onto my keyboard is more like writing copy for a damn piece of junk mail than my one of my passions. Thank you & that is all.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice! I brought a bottle of that to a dinner party a couple months with a bunch of artsy professor types. It didn't last long!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.