See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Saturday

Tasting notes: 2004 Trapiche Malbec Mendoza

The nose is plummy & definitely fruit forward. It backs it up on the palate too. Very jammy but kinda smokey with supple tannins. The finish lasts until you are ready for another sip.

Much better than the Trapiche Oak cask we tried a couple weeks ago.

We had the bottle with roast beef & gravy, roast garlic mashed potatoes & steamed broccoli & it really didn't stand up to the beef & gravy. It was great on its own (& probably with something lighter) but I was wanting something more to go with this hearty meal.

At $8.99 a bottle this gets my broke-as-a-joke seal of approval.

We also opened a bottle of 2004 Alamos Las Hormigas Malbec....notes along with a pic will be up soon.

I ate at a new place (new to me, anyways) called McEwans on Monroe with Paul on Friday. It was raining & was about 38 degrees but we still ventured out on our own two feet in search of good eats. This has kind become regular Friday thing for us. Here are the places we have tried Downtown so far, The Arcade, Dyer's (home of the ancient grease), Bigfoot Lodge & yesterday's stop. We also stopped by The Tobacco Bowl & looked around. It is a very cool place. I will try & take some pictures next I go there. There are so many photo opportunities there I feel like I missed out on not having my camera with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.