See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Thursday

Tasting notes: 2003 Ridge Three Valleys

The Weekend of Zin

Last weekend we had 3 different Zinfandels. 2003 Ridge Three Valleys, 2004 Old Vine Zinfandel & last but not least (definitely not least, coming in a 1 litre jug) Three Thieves Zinfandel. I will start with the Ridge. It came recommended by Narlus over at Ridemonkey.com. Good looking out. This was an indulgence for us, as this bottle cost $20...and was worth every damn penny.

We had this on a weekend during a cookout with friends. It was a perfect match with the herbed pork tenderloin, Thai chicken wings & the BBQ wings. This wine was inense, full of ripe berries, burnt coffee & cocoa. The heady aromas were reminiscent of incense...Ganesha stick #36. Absolutely wonderful. In the mouth it was bold, rich, marauding, full of cocoa, coffee, meat, all wrapped with a death-defying berry, stranglehold. The finish clinged to every part of my mouth, massaging its way down, reluctant to be forgotten. Nothing to worry about.

This was one of those wines that made an impression on me. I want more...everday. I will definitely being trying more Ridge wines.

I will post the rest of the Zin round-up soon

3 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVED this wine as well... and no whining about the price ya' yankee! It's $38 up here in Vancouver. :)

    Sean

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Collin said…

    Ewww..Yikes.

    I could deal with the igloos & moose dick burgers of the great white north....but not the anal rappage on the wine tax! ;)

    I cant wait to try the Lynton Springs & Geyserville Zin.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger s'kat said…

    I just love this wine... hubby and I shared a bottle just last week. Scrumptious stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.