See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Friday

Weird Things I Eat for Breakfast #1

Rice with scrambled eggs, fish sauce and mango salsa.

We had a delicious pan fried Tilapia dish with some killer mango salsa (because right now, the mangoes at Viet Hoah market RULE!) And we had rice for dinner. And do you know why I love rice for dinner? Because it means leftover rice for breakfast. And I love rice for breakfast.

I took a picture but it was pretty boring so I'll leave it to the imagination. The beauty of "weird things I eat for breakfast" posts is that no recipe is needed. Scramble your eggs, put em on top of the rice, fish sauce to taste (I like the fish sauce made especially for spring rolls, another Viet Hoah gem) and top with the leftover mango salsa that was an afterthought, but really pulls it all together. See, no real recipe needed. Unless you want the recipe for the salsa. FINE!

Mango Salsa
2 mangoes peeled and diced
2 tbsp sweet onion diced finely (Schnucks has vadalias but they are looking kinda rough)
juice of 1-2 limes
cilantro to taste
salt and pepper to taste
(And I think Collin put vinegar in it this time because the limes weren't as acidic as we had hoped.)
Mix it all together and eat it on your eggs.


And just a heads up, I have started running again. The more I run, the weirder my breakfasts get so be prepared.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Pulpatooner said…

    Wow, that mango salsa sounds good. I'll be hitting Viet Hoah tomorrow.

    Something I've been playing with lately is mixing fish sauce in with my scrambled eggs. I haven't tried it for breakfast, but it's a nice protein addition to a bunch of stir-fried veggies.

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Is fish sauce fishy tasting?

    Your meals sound amazing. Why can't I come over for breakfast and dinner every day? :)

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Pulpatooner said…

    So, I made this, and it was good, although I put in way too much onion (both vidala, and, for some reason that now escapes me, spring onion). The next day I made some waffles and topped them with plain yogurt and leftover mango salsa. And, holy moley! It was good!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.