See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Friday

Wine labels that piss me off.

Sorry, but I dont want to pick up a bottle of Pinot Noir & read a Haiku...Or ANY poetry for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I like poetry. I am not a huge fan but I do enjoy reading the occasional Ginsberg poem every now & then. What purpose does poetry have on a wine label? It doesn't let me know that the wine is made in an Old World style or that it is going to be hedonistic fruit bomb brimming with ripe fruit. Sure, some of it is nice....if I was in the mood for poetry. About the only thing worse is a paragraph about the winemaker's logo. What would I like on the label, you ask...Information.
Tell me that the Zinfandel vines that produced the grapes for the wine are over 50 years old. Let me know that I should expect a big peppery & meaty Syrah. Let me know that the fruit I cant figure out on the front of my palate is Pomegranate.
Just dont get all "Nature's first green is gold" on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.