See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Wednesday

Mis bebés

Hello, La here again.

If you were curious as to why I refuse to post under my own name, I've been blogging directly from Collin's Flickr acct. and am forced to post under his name. His subtle way of trying to steal a little of my E-glory I'm sure. Anyway......onto to the herbs. This is our garden, a little sad huh? Well just you wait, by the end of the summer it will be a thriving bed of succulent herbs (meaning a smaller grocery bill for me and better tasting food all around.)

In the very back, behind the divider we have rosemary and garlic. The rosemary is a two year old bush that I absolutely adore and the garlic just celebrated its one year anniversary in the garden.

Now the new stuff. Starting in the row closest to the camera working backwards towards the garlic you have.......

Row 1- oregano and chocolate mint
Row 2- thyme and apple mint
Row 3- mexican tarragon and parsley
Row 4- purple basil and parsley
And the very last plant at the back of the picture....cilantro. I've got 20 bucks on cilantro dying within the next month. We can not grow it to save our lives.

I can't wait until everything takes off. Everything seems to be adjusting well, now I just have to be patient. That's my least favorite part of the whole process.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    No one can grow cilantro La. Except those grocery suppliers. I guess they can. We mere mortals must purchase ours. And I don't want to hear from any cilantro smarty-pants in cyberspace.

    Wheredja get your tarragano mexicano?

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger La C. said…

    And I thought I had the death touch when it came to cilantro.

    Collin's mom can grow the cilantro with the strait, more brittle leaves, I'll have to figure out what it's called. But she in lives in Florida and before that Jackson, MS, which is always a little more tropical than Memphis.

    The mexican tarragon came from The Home Depot. Everything did actually.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Winslow said…

    Hi La,

    Believe me, you are not the only one with the Cilantro Death Touch. I proved I had it last year. Nothing daunted, I bought a pot of it at the supermarket yesterday. I also discovered yesterday that I evidently planted some earlier this spring and then suffered amnesia, because there's a cilantro seedling lifting itself up out of the dirt in the pot where I tried it last year. No bets on its life expectancy, though.

    Good luck!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Marcus said…

    Lots of mint! I'm curious what you do with it all. Stay tuned here to find out?

    I explored the rest of your garden on Flickr and then did the full DJ Collinator tour. It rocked! Spotted a lot of familiar-looking bottles and grub. Some really great images. But what totally blew me away was the Bourgogne Michel Picard pinot noir you have pictured. I'm glad you enjoyed this wine because I had the opportunity to stay with his daughter's family in Beaune, France and let me tell you that are all huge mountain bike enthusiasts, especially Michel. I own a hybrid but that was no preparation for the huge tour of the rocky hills around their home that he took me on. I guess it can't be wines for winemakers all the time. I'm guessing you would have loved it, Collin.

    Doubt I have any photos to show you though I wish I did. I remember I took my camera with me the day of the ride and kept getting left behind when I stopped to snap pics. After I finished a roll I stupidly turned the power off before it finished rewinding. I jammed it. Francine Picard, Michel's daughter, later took the roll out in the dark, carefully rewinding it manually to try and save some exposures. To no avail though. I ended up getting nothing out of them.

    Anyway, your digital shots really inspire me to get with the times.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Collin said…

    Thanks!
    More mint--->more MOJITOS!
    And our new favorite condiment, Chimichurri.

    I fondly remember the Bourgogne Michel Picard. It was one of our first tastes of Bourgogne & we fell in love. It was also a creaming deal @ $10.

    Your time in Beaune sounds like a blast. Have you spent much time in France?

    We are planning a trip across the pond this June. We are flying into Germany to stay with my Aunt & Uncle & we are going to spend some time there for a few days. Then we are going to rent a car & take off for France (I will probably hit you up for some travel advice soon). We are mailing our camping gear before we arrive & we are going to camp our way through France.

    To wrap things up, we are going to make a pit stop in Amsterdam for a few lost days.

    Now you got me excited about the prospect of riding some French singletrack!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger La C. said…

    if we can handle the mojitos. I can't seem to get away from wine right now and I don't know how I feel about rum right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.