See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Tuesday

Wine Cures Poison Ivy

Well, it doesn't really cure it, because I still have a nasty rash from my wrist to my armpit. But it sure as hell makes the incessant itching more bearable.

Is wine a cure-all? So it seems. Just ask Doktor Weingolb. Wine has been his echinacea all Winter long & he did not catch a cold this winter, thanks to his regimen of a glass of wine a day (c'mon Dok...is it really only one glass a day?). Come to think of it...La or myself have not been sick in quite sometime.

It has to be the wine...or the healthy lifestyle that come with enjoying wine. By that I mean we enjoy wine but also food & both together...good food too. We cook using raw ingredients & never cook crap, such as instant this-or-that or microwavable slop, sold for pure convenience (except Ore-Ida french fries...I LOVE THOSE!). We don't eat fast food or even eat out at restaurants very much (once a week, maybe twice). We don't live this lifestyle because we are health nuts though. It is for pure pleasure & enjoyment. I guess the healthiness is part of the enjoyment too, but it is not the main pursuit.

My poison ivy is itching again, so I am thinking I need some more Merlot.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Marcus said…

    Oops. Did I say one glass a day? That clearly didn't do the job. I was sidelined soon after writing that (which is why the Doktor was out earlier this month).

    Is this poison ivy showing up during your picnics so early into the season?

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Collin said…

    Ya know...I dont think it ever got cold enough to kill the wretched flora. It has been in the mid-80's this past week.

    The summer will probably be a scorcher.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Philip said…

    Wine may not cure poison ivy, but it'll put me in the right mood always. Of course that's a good thing only when there are fine women around.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Collin said…

    Yes, the fine women tend to steer clear of the grumpy guys. Plus the not-so fine women start to look really fine after a few glasses. ;)
    Cheers,
    Collin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.