See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Tuesday

New Orleans Wine & Food Experience: Part 2 Friday's Wine

What a weekend!
First let me start by saying we only attended two days of this five day event, so we barely sratched the surface, but stayed busy all weekend. There were over 600 wines, from all over the world being poured at the Grand Tastings on Friday & Saturday. Throw in all the food that was offered & you have the making for a weekend that would make Bacchus proud.

We tasted so much wine, I am only going to share my notes on the wines that really spoke to me....& what did they say...."Drink Me!"

Day 1 Wine Tasting notes:

2004 Souvrain Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley: One of my favorites.
Very nice, lots of mixed berries, good backbone, very balanced, an elegant Zin.

2004 Peachy Canyon Jester: Another favorite. Blend of Syrah, Cab Sauv, Cab Franc and Petite Sirah. Luscious mix of red & black fruit. excellent wine & a bargain at $20.

2004 Rodney Strong Reserve Pinot Noir: Very nice, thick cherry,
cola, earth & spices. Very full Pinot.

2004 Jacob's Creek Reserve Shiraz: Think bacon-wrapped-blackberry. Smooth & rich. Superb.

2004 Prosper Maufoux Gevrey-Chambertin: Napolean's favorite wine. Light, delicate, enigmatic, very floral. Fantastic with a duck crepe.

2003 Toad Hollow Rod's Reserve: Rich, full Pinot loaded with baked cherries, baking spice, a touch of cedar & earth. Velvety smooth.

Other wines worth mentioning were, 2002 Toad Hollow Rod's Merlot Reserve, 2004 Renwood Barberra & 2004 Renwood Lodi Zinfandel.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Marcus said…

    So the 2004 Perrin Réserve red was not even worth mentioning?

    Talk about let downs. I'm crushed.

    It probably was a lot lighter than the rest of what you were tasting. If you try it again, serve it slightly chilled with some savory roast chicken. I hope you like it.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Collin said…

    It could have been worth mentioning...I tasted it late in the game, after a Zinfandel run & I am sure my palate was wrecked.

    I tell you what...you bring the Perrin Reserve & I will start brining the bird.

    Deal? ;)
    -Collin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.