See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Tuesday

Last nights dinner: Curry Lamb Stew & Cous Cous


Curry Lamb Stew & Cous Cous
Originally uploaded by djcollinator.
This was my first time cooking Indian. It is something I have been wanting to tackle for a long time because I love Indian & the Indian joints here in town never seem to make curries hot enough, even if you ask them to make it "Bombay Hot". I was long overdue taking matters into my own hands.

I started by sautéing 2 onions, a handful of garlic cloves & a good heap of minced ginger. After that cooked about 5 minutes I added 1 can of green curry paste (check your local ethnic market), some turmeric & some homemade smoked hab powder. After all of that married with the onions, garlic & ginger, I threw in the lamb chunks. I let this brown & then threw in 3 chopped potatoes, 1 sweet potato (should have used more), about 4 carrots, 1 can of tomatoes & enough H2O to cover it. I then brought it to a boil, then turned the heat down so it could simmer & put a lid on it. An hour later, we had some powerful Lamb Curry Stew with tri-color cous-cous.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.