See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Friday

Tating Notes: 2003 Firesteed Pinot Noir


2003 Firesteed Pinot Noir
Originally uploaded by djcollinator.
My exploration of Pinot Noir has turned into something else. Not so much an infatuation, because my love for this wine is not fleeting. I really love how many styles of Pinot Noir there are & the diversity of wines from producer to producer. I feel like I could drink nothing but Pinot for a long time & not get bored. One of this weeks picks was a 2003 Firesteed Pinot Noir from Oregon. I love Oregonian Pinot's & I think this may be my favorite out of the OR Pinots I have tried. Oregon is said to have growing conditions much like Burgundy. With more rain & a shorter season than California. The Pinots I have tried from Oregon seem more subtle & complex...more Burgundian if you will, than those from California, which all tend to be in your face, fruit bombs. But they still have more ooomph, fruit wise than the Burgundies I have tried (my experience is limited, I know).

nose: A little funky & earthy with bright fresh cherries & strawberries.

palate: Fresh berries, earth, a touch of cedar. Bright acidity & a medium-light mouth feel. A long spicy finish with clove & vanilla wrap it all up.
$13
4/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.