See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Wednesday

How retarded am I?

I picked up a magnum of La Vieille Ferme Cotes du Ventoux, one of my favorite cheap reds, last week when I bought a 4-pack (if anyone knows how to add the ˆ to an O, on a Mac please let me know).
I didn't open it until yesterday & boy did I get a surprise. I poured my first glass & it was pink & I could see, with near crystal clear clarity, all the way through my glass. I was a little gun shy after my bad bottle of Malbec, so I thought something was wrong. Something was wrong. It was Rose'. Now I dont have anything against Rose', but it was shocking to see what was I was expecting to be a red wine come out pink as rose'. I was in the mood for some red, so I used my trusty funnel & poured it back in the bottle. So now we have a magnum of Rose' in the fridge. I couldn't write tasting notes because I didn't drink any, so keep an eye out for the tasting notes. That is, IF I ever get around to drinking this.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just go here and cut-and-paste the code for the characters you want.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Collin said…

    Thanks, great link! I got it bookmarked now.

     
  • At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    try making some jelly out of it. Serve it spooned over cream cheese and with a good cracker. Nice appetizer.

     
  • At 3:22 AM, Blogger Collin said…

    I am going to have to get that recipe from you. It sounds good. I don't think we are going to drink this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.