See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Sunday

Tasting notes: 2002 Michel Picard Bourgogne Pinot Noir

This was an impulse buy. I had what I wanted in my hands (1/2 bottle of Rosa Regale) & I couldn't resist perusing French section at Buster's while I was there. This was on Friday, so I knew impending doom was coming in the form of ICE STORM 2006 & I figured if we are iced in, we better have some Burgundy. I found this bottle for $10 & my mind was made up.

nose: blackberry, cherry with some initial funkiness that latter couldn't be found. There was a tiny hint of vanilla & spice.

palate: In the mouth this was really light. It had bright cherries, firm tannins rounded out by some spiciness & a tart mouthwatering acidity. The finish was nice but faded away quickly.

3/5

We tried this side-by-side with the Castle Rock Pinot Noir & man, were they different. The best analogy I can think of is, the Castle Rock Pinot from Monterey County was like a rootin' tootin' cowboy with a ten gallon hat firing his pistols in the air trying to get everyones attention & the Bourgogne Pinot was like an understated Frenchman in a beret, quietly painting on his canvas an intricate impressionistic masterpiece.

I dont know which I like better. I guess it just depends on my mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.