See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Saturday

Tasting notes: 2004 Bogle Old Vine Zinfandel

The Weekend of Zin cont...

Bold, assertive, attention grabbing, are all words I would use to describe this wine. While these can all be considered good qualities, this wine also boasted a lack of personality like it was something to be proud of. Bogle Old Vine Zinfandel is like the loud, drunk chick that seems to be at every bar late at night on the weekends. You know the one...she is all over the place, hanging off of a different guy every 15 minutes, dancing on the bar, spilling Zima on your moccasins, annoying most everyone except for the dumb-asses who want to take her home for a meaningless but pleasurable shag in the sack. I am not saying you can't enjoy this Zin, you just have to be in the right frame of mind. Don't expect to have a deep, meaningful, glass that you can ponder for days. Think instant gratification. It is loud with ripe fruit, spicy & then overcome by clinging, stalker-like, big tannins that hang out longer than you feel comfortable with.

You may like it but it was a one night stand for me.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Winslow said…

    I like wine, but I have a hard time writing about it. Then I read something like this post. Wow! Thanks for a wonderful, vivid description of a wine that doesn't have anything to do with typical wine-speak. Keep up the good work!

    P.S. I loved the Kind of Blue post, too.

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Collin said…

    Hey,
    Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you are enjoynig the blog.
    Cheers,
    Collin

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just tried this Bogle Zinfandel - I liked it a lot.

    Zins are my favorite varietal, but there are huge variations in individual wines. This one's a keeper!

    Roger

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.