See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Tuesday

My Favorite Bargain Pinot: 2004 Five Rivers Pinot Noir

...At the moment, at least.

Five Rivers Pinot Noir sells here in Memphis for $11 at most places & that is a steal if you ask me.

This Pinot from Santa Barbara has lots of bang for the buck. If you like big Pinots with lots of spice, cola & tons of cherries, you will love this velvety smooth rendition. I first tried this wine well over a year ago when I was first starting to explore different wines. I didn't take notes back then, but I would write down all the info on the label in the back of my, now falling apart Unofficial Guide to Wine. I remember it made an impression on me then & it has every bottle since then....& there have been lots.

If you are a "Burgundy sipping panty waist", as Sean at More is Less would call you, you might want to skip this one. Other wise pick up two bottles, because after the first one, you will want another.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Linda Blakely said…

    I'll have to see if we can get this one. Sounds just like my kinda Pinot.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Collin said…

    Five Rivers has something to do with Fetzer, so I can imagine it is widely available.

    Also I bet it could be a big seller being from Sideways country & all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.