See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Monday

2003 Three Thieves Zinfandel

Weekend of Zin Cont...

Finally the conclusion to the Weekend of Zin. I know...I am such a tease. I bet you just sat there clicking refresh until now....I am kidding.

On to the Vino.

This bottle was $9 for a liter....yes, a liter & in a jug none the less. Do you want to know what I call the extra 250 ml?
MINE!

We both liked this zin but not as much as others we have tried, such as the Ridge (of course), even the Bogle (call it floozie appeal) & a few others. But it was still good. It doesn't stir up romantic feelings or have a complex palate, that you can scrutinize for hours, but what it does have, is a nice little handle that invokes memories of reading Snuffy Smith in the funny pages. For what it is (cheap, good, quaffable), it is a winner.

This is a great cookout wine, especially when there are lots of guests. I can see going though lots of this this summer, as cookout's are a regular occurrence at our house & at our friend's places.


I also have to mention the Three Thieves website. It is frikkin hilarious. These guys are anarchists at heart, with a great sense of humor & that is why I love them.

You must check out the The True Hollywood Story video too, it is a riot.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good call on the wine..quite a nice sunday night movie wine..and the website is a hoot!!

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Collin said…

    I've heard their tetra-paks are good as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.