See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Wednesday

Cheap Ass Magnum Throwdown #3

OK...I am a little behind in my wine tasting notes. My note pads seem to fill up just as quickly as my wallet empties. Now for the long overdue, 3rd installment of the C.A.M.T., which luckily was a clean sweep. There was nothing great & nothing that was not worth drinking. All the picks made good table wine, but I don't know if I could drink them on their own.

2004 Frontera Merlot-YUM. A bit harsh for a Merlot, but still good. The La Playa Merlot was better. Both are from Chile.

2003 Fetzer Zinfandel-YUM. This was a good Zin for the price. It had the qualities I like in Zin, coffee, cocoa, & berries galore.

2004 Banrock Station Semillion-Chardonay- YUM. Fruity & off dry. Very easy drinking.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Memphis Chix said…

    Hope we see y'all at the Blogger Bash on Fri., June 9th---I know the P&H doesn't have a great wine selection, but I'd bet on you being able to sneak your own in!

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Collin said…

    Hey, that sounds cool!
    I just marked my calendar. But be forewarned...we are social misfits. ;)

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Marcus said…

    Hey was that Banrock in a tetrapak? I went to Ottawa on the weekend and these people have crazy juice-box type packaging for their wines, including a Banrock Shiraz, which I will have to post about soon. Got crazy photos and everything. Apparently, this is more environmentally-minded than glass. Kinda puts the kibosh on the cork or screwtop debate, doesn't it?

     
  • At 3:28 AM, Blogger Collin said…

    No, it was a glass 1.75l bottle. I have seen the little tetrapaks you are talking about. They remind me of the little juice boxes my mom used to put in my lunch. I wonder if they come with a pointy straw?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.