See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Thursday

2004 Distant Bay Pinot Noir


I had a glass with lunch today, notes as follows:
Nice easy going bouquet of cherry, spice & a hint of cranberry. On the palate it was more spice than the nose let on mostly mid-palate, with a cherry bomb on the front. The finish faded away with smooth fruit & a very subtle tannin. This wine was intense but not over the top. It went well with my blackened grouper sandwich. 3/5 I am starting to get a grasp of new world Pinot, I think. Now I just need to get my hands on some Burgundy. So I can compare & contrast, new & old. I think I might pick up a bottle of Louis Jadot Bourgogne Rouge this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.