See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Saturday

Six rules for enjoying wines more

From the Boston Globe...

Rule No. 1: Find a good local wine shop and be loyal to it.

Rule No. 2: Taste comparatively and often.

Rule No. 3: Learn to write a tasting note.

Rule No. 4: Move up to case buying.

Rule No. 5: Read a good book.

Rule No. 6: You never get anywhere drinking mineral water.
(if someone can explain this one I would appreciate it. I am in the dark.)

I am really fond of #2 & I would really like to initiate #4 but right now it is not feasible ($$$ wise & storage wise) but one day soon...oh yes.

Article here.



*my Flickr! bandwidth has exceeded it's limit this month & I am waiting for my Pro account to be activated, so when that happens I will have to catch up with my photos & tasting notes. This last week was the week of Pinot. We tried 3 different Pinot Noirs all under $20's , so STAY TUNED!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I suspect that the author didn't feel that mineral water did the mouth cleansing trick for him/her. In my experience, the astringency of the carbonation in the water helped to prepare my palate for the next wine, thus allowing me a fuller tasting experience.

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Collin said…

    hmmm...that makes sense...It just threw me off because I was reading about Robert Parker & mineral water & how he only rinses his glass with mineral water & uses it to cleanse his palate (how pretentious! :D).

    By the way how do you get his job?

    I also sent you an e-mail & it came back...I guess I am going to have to keep using my work acct.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.