See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Monday

Tasting notes: 2004 Ecco Domani Chianti

I picked up this bottle of 2004 Ecco Domani Chianti at a new liquor store...well, not new, but one I haven't been too since my days of drinking swill from jugs, well, not literally FROM jugs...er, well, if the occasion called for it, I would drink it out of the jug, but that is beside the point. Anyway...they had some good prices & some unique bottles mixed in with their cheap stuff & cluttered junk that is everywhere. I can't remember what they were but there was a '94 Pinot from Oregon, a half bottle of Syrah, that looked interesting & a couple of Chateuaneuf du Papes, they are all out of my price range, which explains why I don't know what they are. I mean, why torture yourself? I just thought it was weird how it was all mixed with the cheap stuff, amongst piles of boxes, old displays, 2-wheelers, etc...

On to the Chianti. I dont know much about Chianti or Italian wine for that matter, so I didn't know what to expect. My expectations weren't high, so I wasn't let down, but I was definitely hoping for something more. It kind of fell flat.

nose: Blackberry, leather, currants. On day 2 there was some smoke & licorice.

palate: Black fruit, quickly overcome by acidity, not harsh but dominating. It was thin in the middle with some soft tannins & a simple, abrupt finnish. On day 2 the fruit came out some & the acidity was a little more balanced.
$11
2/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.