See-Sip-Taste-Hear

WINE, FOOD, PHOTOGRAPHY, MUSIC

Wednesday

Tasting notes: 2003 Benton Lane Pinot Noir

This Pinot hails from the Willamete Valley in Oregon. I have to say I liked this wine but it was one of my least favorite Oregon Pinots. I think the Firesteed has been my favorite so far.

nose: black plum, blackberries, blueberry muffins & cinnamon.

palate: blackberry & spice with a bright & snappy acidity. This filled out a lot while I was still drinking it. very nice tannins. a long vanilla finish wraps it all up.
$20
3/5

3 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really?
    This is one of my favories of the Oregon Pinots.
    Lovely with some rosemary lab chops.
    To each, their own I guess.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Collin said…

    Don't get me wrong I liked it & it was a really good Pinot, I just like the Firesteed better. So far I have had awesome luck with all Oregon Pinots, I can't wait to try more,

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd love to know how it compared to the 2002, which I loved!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.